Clearpay returns work within your company’s return policy. If a customer wants to return a purchase and it meets eligibility requirements for the funds to be restored to the original form of payment, process the return as you would for any other credit return.
The customer may initiate the return through the Clearpay app:
- Launch the Clearpay app and tap into the Card tab
- Select “How it Works” in the top right corner, followed by “How do I return an order?”
- Tap the “Make a Clearpay Card return” button, followed by “Refund via Clearpay Card.”
- The Clearpay Card will open in their digital wallet. Tap the phone near the card reader to initiate the return.
- Print and give the customer the receipt confirming the return. It may take up to 10 days for the funds to be reflected in their Clearpay account.
We recommended completing a Clearpay Card refund in the same way as a purchase - by the customer opening the Clearpay app first. This assists backend reconciliation of matching the refund transaction to the correct purchase. However, a refund will be processed successfully if the Clearpay Card is tapped directly from the digital wallet.
It is best if the customer keeps hold of the return receipt. If the return is successful, the refund will go back to the Clearpay Card. Clearpay will then refund the customer and it could take up to 10 days for the refund to be reflected in their Clearpay account. Paid instalments will be returned to their original payment method.